Clarnie Estis Lyall

     Clarnie Estis Lyall was born on January 28, 1931
to Erick and Snowda (Edwards) Lyall, and died
on May 21, 2005. His stay on earth was 74 years, 3
months and 24 days. He was preceded in death by his parents;
three brothers, Carold Lyall, Glen Lyall and Montaque Lyall; a sister-in-law, Mary Lyall;
and one son, Jeffrey Allen Lyall. He is survived by his wife, Sue
(Rose) Lyall; two sons, Stephen Lyall and wife, Judy (Ramey) Lyall
of Clinchco and Timothy Lyall and special friend, Karen Stanley of
Haysi, Virginia; and one daughter, Heather Lyall-Mitchell, and husband,
Michael Mitchell of Haysi. He is also survived by three grandsons,
Eric Lyall and wife, Laura (Perrigan) Lyall, Tyler Lyall and
Dylon Lyall; five granddaughters, Michelle Wallace and husband,
Patrick Wallace, Stephanie Mullins and husband, Greg Mullins, Sarah
Lyall, Sydney Lyall and Bailey Mitchell. He is also survived by
four great-grandsons, Jeffrey Wallace, Markus Mullins, Alex Lyall
and Seth Lyall; two great-granddaughters, Brittney Wallace and
Isabella Mullins; five brothers, Otis Lyall, Carlos Lyall and wife,
Leafy, Furrel Lyall and wife, Pearl, Gerald Lyall and wife, Judy, and
Goebel Lyall and wife, Kathy; three sisters, Esther Edwards and husband,
Cecil, Jean Moore and husband, Merlin, and Sharon Mullins
and husband, Kermit; and numerous nieces and nephews. Lastly, he
was survived by three sisters-in-law, Sadie (Montaque) Lyall, Phyllis
(Glen) Lyall and Betty (Carold) Lyall.
     Dad was a veteran of the United States Air Force. He served in
the Korean War with the 51st Fighter Interceptor Wing. He served
his country with courage and honor. As a result of the horrors of war,
Dad suffered mental anguish throughout the remainder of his life.
Although some people would have given up, Dad constantly strived
to work as best he could to help his neighbors and bring in extra
money for his family. Dad worked at many things over the years. His
many titles included: best friend, mechanic, carpenter, electrician,
surveyor, musician, genealogist and the list could go on forever. He
was so many things to so many different people.
     My Daddy once had a dream. He dreamed he was in a field and
he could see Jesus beckoning to him. As Daddy got closer to Jesus he
found a little fence. It was just a small fence that was only a few
inches tall, but Daddy could not cross it. He sat down and began to
cry because he could not reach his Savior. At that point Jesus came
over to the fence and stepped across it. He laid his hand on my Daddy’s
shoulder and said, “It’s okay, Clarnie”. We all believe the fence in
the dream represented Dad’s illness, and we knew that one day God
himself could and would overcome it. God crossed the fence last
Saturday and helped my Daddy over it. No more sickness, no more
nightmares, no more fears... only pure love and joy.
     Of all the things you could say about our father, the most important
is that he lived every day as if it were his last. He loved life so
much that he strove through and conquered disability in order to enjoy
every moment. I’m sure that he would tell each of you that the
best way to honor his memory is not with tears and sadness, but with
a smile. Let his memory bring thoughts of happiness, of triumph and
of love to warm your hearts, for that’s the way Daddy would want us
to remember him. Grieve over the loss of the body but be joyful over
the crossing over of the spirit.
     He was loved by his family and friends, who were many. We will
miss him terribly, but our great and merciful Father in Heaven has
called him home. Sleep and rest, Daddy, until the resurrection morning.

     Your loving family.